Friday, February 26, 2010

The Crazies


“The Crazies”

Greetings fellow Earth Movie Travelers,

~~If this is your first time reading a Movie Alien travel blog entry, please visit the “About Movie Alien” page to learn more about the purpose of these transmissions.

On my most recent Earth Movie vacation I journeyed to an idyllic small town that would have been just at home in Middle America. It was a nice place. All the folks in town new each other by name. The town baseball team’s first game signaled the start of spring. And the Sheriff of the town is a sound, honest man who is married to the town doctor.

I thought this would be a great way to spend some time off Earth with my Human Host; peaceful, relaxing, low-stress, normal... but then people started to go crazy. Then the journey got chaotic – but since I had booked an Earth Movie travel vessel with the name “The Crazies” it was what I had expected. I found myself under attack from a mysterious biological force that turned everyday, normal people into violent lunatics. It starts off with just one guy with a shotgun wandering out on to the baseball field during the big game and escalates into absolute mayhem.

The trouble for me with this Earth Movie experience is that often I felt like I was just being taken on a tour of the maddening without ever really seeing the chaos descend. One minute the town seemed fine. The next minute, after a confrontation with a crazy, everything has changed with little explanation or surprise from those who are not infected. But I didn’t package the Earth Movie, so maybe Alien Travelers who enjoy a little less story and a lot of thriller maneuvers will enjoy this subconscious experience more than I did.

I’ve been to plenty of zombie infected planets; once a world is infected it’s nearly impossible to get rid of all of those reanimated dead. This peaceful little town in a normal Earth-like world feels like it can be compared to those much more terrifying zombie worlds once things really started getting crazy. As an Alien Traveler visiting “The Crazies”, it did have worthy moments of escape that made the Travel Journey worth a 50% rating.

Take care and safe travels,
~~Movie Alien

No comments:

Post a Comment